On today’s episode, we chat with Padya Paramita, a Columba MFA graduate, InGenius Prep Graduate Coach, and writing professor at the University of New Haven. Padya and I break down 11 college admissions myths and misconceptions, including:
- MYTH #1 - True or False: Legacy students have a better chance of admissions
- MYTH #2 - True or False: You can buy your way into college
- MYTH #3 - True or False: There are stereotypical extracurricular activities you should avoid
- MYTH #4 - True or False: Debate and MUN are impressive activities for college
- MYTH #5 - True or False: A High SAT score is all you need to get into college
- MYTH #6 - True or False: Colleges consider your family’s finances when deciding to admit you
- MYTH #7 - True or False: You need a perfect GPA to be admitted to top colleges
- MYTH #8 - True or False: Volunteer experience is a must
- MYTH #9 - True or False: Demonstrated interest is important
- MYTH #10 - True or False: You have to be well-rounded, excelling in every area
- MYTH #11 - True or False: Schools use AI to filter out applications
Check out our blog for more free resources:
Click here to sign up for a free consultation with an admissions expert.
Register for one of our webinars.
Questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at ingeniusprep.com to learn more. See you every other Monday!